Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beer

My first real drink was probably around 12 or 13. Being the only black guy in a group of Dominicans has its advantages. "Budweiser Papi?" who was I to say no? Besides I learned Hispanic folks get very upset if you turn down food or drink. So I said why the hell not?

from there I started drinking hood beers. 40s and stuff, plus the occasional Cisco (If you don't know then thats probably a good thing.) One day maybe 3 or 4 years ago as me and a buddy were bar hopping and looking for a place to drink Heinekens and Coronas, I said "Hey, lets go in that bar that says 'BAR'" I was changed forever.

Essex Ale House, had a beer that was called Arrogant Bastard Ale. I said shit that sounds like us, we should try some. We ran the tap out. I then asked for a Guiness because I remember the harsh taste, and it looked so smooth and frothy. And it tasted like water. Game over. Next was the epic beer journey of a lifetime...................



1 comment:

Jenesis said...

Looking forward to your many tales of Beer. I can feel your passion for this subject (lol)